Fine points of drilling bridges

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:04:36 -0500

David ilvedson wrote:

> Wouldn't a marking device with three prongs be superior to an
> awl?  They would be in perfect alignment with each other.
> Please comment.  I don't replace bridges but am interested.

A lot of us have replaced bass bridges far more often than the long
bridge, so I guess I was thinking in terms of singles and pairs.

If you're going to make clear plexiglass blocks,  you'll need several
because the spacing varies.  So does the depth, which is perhaps why
I've only seen blocks of three rather than six.  I suspect Jon has a
fairly large collection. :-)

Carl Root, RPT
Rockville, MD