PVC pipe for go-bars

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:21:26 -0500

Dear Techsters,

I recently moved into a new shop with higher ceilings than my old one, so
my old go bars don't work for soundboard work.  (go-bars are strips of wood
used to apply pressure to soundboard ribs and shims when pressed against
the ceiling/soundboard) After going to the wood suppliers here I couldn't
find exactly what I wanted and was reminded that I would spend $2-$5 per
bar.  I was then in a hurry to finish a job, so I bought 10 - 1"ID PVC pipe
(10 ft length) I cut the pipe to fit and it seems to work great.  Anyone
else try this?  Anything about PVC's flex/stiffness/life you might know
about?  It cost me about $1 per ten foot length, so I 1/3 the wood price.
Any experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks.

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."