April in N.H.

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:11:23 -0400

April Meeting of the N.H. Chapter,  Piano Technicians Guild,Inc.

Meeting opened at 10:45pm at the Cadilac Shack in Bow, N.H.Among other
items on the agenda for the Apriil business meeting was the report b y
Pres. Jim Herrick on the N.H. Chapter's participation in the up-coming New
England Regional Seminar of the American Association of Cocktail Pianists,
to be held in August at the Roadway Rest Hotel in Hudson N.H.
We discussed the classes to be offered, especially the "First-on-the-Scene
Field Repairs on Lounge Pianos by Lounge Pianists". Demonstrations are
planned for string replacement, hammer reinforcement, and vertical damper
regulation. Health protection on the job will be covered by Will Truitt who
is Public Health Nurse in Tilton, NH. Will has modified a black light to
serve as a photo-sterilzer. Latex gloves, the first line of defence, are
now available in twelve shades of flesh tone, and with simulated hair, The
word is, "Don't step on that pedal-you don't know where it's been!" No,
Jim was sad to report, "they won't be having the piano tuned for banquet
night."

It was good to see Houndog Dempson again, just back from a special
assignment by the N.H. State Penitentiary, out in Minnesota. (Houndog
explains it, "N.H had an extradition that Minnesota didn't like, and so I
was picked to work for the Reform Party's gubernatorial candidate. It took
alot of image building and handling, but Minnesota now has a professional
wrestler in its governor's mansion. I'm prouder of that than anything I
ever did in prison." He's not unpacking his bags yet. On Monday, he starts
in with the N.H. Quayle 2000 campaign. "There's alot of work to do,
repositioning Danny Boy before the elecorate. It was unfair. He never
should have been put in the situation where he'd have to spell. No one ever
expected Gov. Ventura to do that. It never came up, and we had a clear shot
right between the eyes of the electorate." Houndog also showed us swatches
of authentic
persian rugs. He took orders and will be back at the next meeting with a
truck.

Thanks to Kaiser-Permanente Health Plan for their catering of our meeting.
Procurements Chairman Charlie Farinella made it official: the June meeting
will be catered by the American Steel Council! Meeting adjourned at 1:30
am, Tuesday

Bill Ballard
Regurging Sec.
N.H. Chapter, P.T.G.