Frequency accuracy?

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:23:37 +0100

In article <003a01beb8ba$274c6b20$c3b4aad0@brian>, Brian Trout
<btrout@desupernet.net> writes

>    I'm not trying to be obnoxious here, but I've been reading about
>    the "big test", and what's involved.  It all starts with the basic
>    premise that we start at A-440.  It's been worrying me a bit.
>    Who's A-440?
>
>    Any thoughts out there?
>
>    Brian Trout
>    Quarryville, Pa.
>btrout@desupernet.net

Hi Brian,

Last year a got the Sanderson fork not to test my forks,  I got fed up
of those electronic metronomes with a built in A440 being wrong with my
fork. My forks were spot on with the Sanderson fork. So when some comes
along with one of them cheep so called pitch meters, I test it and I
have yet to find one that is close to A440 I have found some as much as
25c sharp.

I don't use the Sanderson fork unless I am doing semitone pitch or more
then I find it useful, I don't like the tone it makes, I like the sound
of a tuning fork, so I use the fork for my every day use.

It is worth the $70.00 just to shut the clever dicks up. The case it is
a bit naff and cheep looking, but it is spot on pitch and that's  what
counts.

Barrie,

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK Piano Page                              |