Laws in Norway

Ola Andersson o-anders@online.no
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 03:41:43 +0000

Richard you have becomed even more norwigian than a norwigian. I will buy you a
browncheese.

But I canīt let you go with this.

Richard Brekne skrev:

> Hi Deb. The proposal originates from the piano tuners association in Norway. The
> idea for this kind of thing is more a matter of undercurrents in european
> society. This kind of thing is very acceptable here. Norway in particular has
> lots of historical precedents for this kind of thing. And here, unlike in the
> states, people dont think in terms of Big Brother. We trust our elected officials
> and governent in general more then I think many Americans do. This also has is
> roots in history. America was in no small part born by a betrayal of the people
> by the ruling power. So I hear comments like in the post about the "tuning card",
> and smile a bit and understand where this very real fear of governement comes
> from. That is a real and present threat in the US, and not in little Norway.

Eh? Are we living in the same country?

> As for your other questions. Yes, all prospective piano tuners will have to go to
> some school,

Have you?

> or at least be able to pass the school exams (for those recieveing
> their education from other countries).

Have you?

> Those who are already in buisness will not
> be affected.

Who told you? If the goverment goes for something you canīt tell what.

> Thats a sore point for some, and understandably so, but it would
> have been a sore point for others had they decided the other way around. As the
> purspose of the planned law is forward looking (future improvements) It was
> deemed best to formulate the proposal in that spirit.

In what category do you find yourself, the first or second line?

> There are worthwhile concerns which argue
> against such a law in this country, but fear of Big Brother is fortunatly not one
> of them.

You canīt talk for others. You can only talk for yourself.

> Richard Brekne
> I.C.P.T.G.     N.P.T.F.

Once again gratulation with the N.P.T.F. you recived today
I would like one myself.
How about Bjorn W

Ola "the swede" Andersson
Bergen, Norway