Frequency accuracy?

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 12:45:32 -0400

Frank Cahill writes:

>....Those $200 machines are not in the same
>category. They are not suitable for piano work. Only accutuners, RCT,
>and perhaps yamaha's PT100 are suitable.....

If you are talking about absolute frequency accuracy, remember that
the Windows RCT is only as accurate as the source used to calibrate it.
And from what I understand, the RCT is field calibrated against a
little quartz tone reference/metronome that costs a lot less than
$200.  That's the device whose accuracy you should be evaluating.

-Bob Scott
 Ann Arbor, Michigan