Damper Voiceing

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:26:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/1999 5:45:15 PM, Richard wrote:

<<"I posted a request the other day for any information on voicing dampers.
Doesnt anybody have anything on this ??">>

Richard;
 I didn't see this I guess, and now that I have, I still don't know a good
answer for you...........the technique I have most often seen used is
standing up abruptly and saying a few strong...........uh lets just say
uncultured words :-)

You can try picking them with the voicing needles, or dragging the needles
across the surface several times....or peeling off the first few layers on
treble dampers, or a 'very' lite brushing with a suede brush...............
but the only way to cure 'crusty' dampers permanately is to replace them.
Jim Bryant (FL)