new piano pin replacement

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:17:49 PDT

Hi Glenn;
  We tried carrying Schuberts in our small shop on the promise from our
salesman that we would love them, or could return them.  They were AWFUL,
although beautiful looking.  The only solution is to return it no matter
what it takes (we loaded ours up in a trailer and hauled them back to the
warehouse ourselves when the distributor kept dragging his feet about
picking them up; he kept insisting everyone else loved them! Now we're
arguing with the distributor about getting our money refunded!)
  It's not only the tuning that will cause you headaches in the long run,
the action is cheaply made and virtually unregulatable. To try to salvage
that piano is a no-win situation.  You can only frustrate yourself and get a
bad reputation.
  I was thinking the other day that even though we still don't have our
money, it's still a whole lot better not having to see those four pianos in
our showroom!
  Good luck!
  Diane