weekend puzzler????

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 08:58:35 -0500

Hi Jim,

   Sounds like something got bent and is now rubbing/binding on something
else. Am I warm? Like maybe the pedal pin? Did the bottom board get
damaged in the move?
   This sounds like it should be so simple. :-) Hmmmm.

Avery

>I tuned a Kimball console yesterday........ from the late 70's-early 80's.
> Every thing worked just fine......except for the 'soft pedal' and the 'bass
>sustain'.
>
>  Both pedals worked, after a fashion, and on the down stroke they seemed
>just fine.............however they were very slow in coming to rest upon
>release....and the hammer rail would stay in about the mid travel position.
>
>What was wrong?  (hint: piano had recently been moved)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

mailto:atodd@uh.edu                 I'd rather be over the hill
                                         than under it.
Avery Todd, RPT