Bridge gain delamination

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 13:11:23 -0500

Roger, Terry, J Patrick, etc,

Just what is it we're supposed to be diagnosing here, anyway? I read
"diagonal" joint. Is this bridge even vertically laminated at all? Why in
the world would the manufacturer bother with the time and expense of
vertical laminations, and then assemble the bridge in sections with scarf
joints? I thought that the whole point of a vertically laminated bridge was
to avoid these joints with continuous full length grain. Either that, or
it's a handy way to use up otherwise useless scrap from some other
fabrication process. Truthfully, I never specifically looked, does any
manufacturer actually scarf joint vertically laminated bridges? If so, WHY???

Ever deeper into the tall weeds.

Ron N