humidity effect

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:17:32 -0600

Hi Roger,

Actually I have done that experiment already one a single six foot grand
deliberately tuning different parts of the tricord area m t b, m b t, b m
t, t m b, b t m, t b m. The end result was not measure accurately--but the
trend towards the bass wire less affected by humidity was still there. I
unforturnately lost the *chart* of which notes were tuned which way. Mea
culpa.

And of course I agree with your statement that many many many things are
going on. It does clearly point out the uses of humidity control however,
as I have not noticed this effect winter to summer in damp chaser equipped
pianos.
Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/