Need; Special socket Story and Clark casters

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 03:08:37 EDT

For;  1951 story and Clark console.

If anyone has some old Story and Clark casters I have a customer that needs
ones for the front legs on the console.  They ARE NOT common stem casters
that fit into a hole, or into a bushing then into a drilled hole, but are
exactly the opposite. The piano's turned leg tapers to one inch diameter at
the bottom,  then terminates with turned section of one half inch diameter by
about 3/4 inch long. The casters I would be looking for would fit OVER the
half inch protrusion, they would have a type of socket that accepts the 1/2"
diameter wood dowel.

I do not remember ever seeing any casters that would work, but as the
originals are gone, they must have been made .

Can anyone help? Ideas or parts.

Thank You,
Bill Simon
Phoenix