Humidity Change and Unisons

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:29:50 -0600

Hi Larry,

Your results confirm my own. As to explanations. Well some how I believe
the bridge is moving *more* on the treble than on the bass side. As to why
or how I have no clue. It may also be that the bridge is getting *longer*
though why this results in this particular distortion pattern I have again
no answer.

At 03:43 PM 08/17/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>It seems a few weeks ago there was discussion on left, center and right
>strings responding differently to humidity changes. Tenor section, right
>strings were 4-6 cents sharp, center was at the offset 8 cents, and the
>left strings were 4-6 cents flat of my offset.
>
>Trebble octaves 5-6 right strings were 8-10 cents sharp, center strings
>about 4-6 cents and left strings were close to the offset.
>
>Octave 7 all strings were sharp with the right string the sharpest by as
>much as 30 cents.
>
>Any explanations?
>
>Larry Messerly, RPT
>Prescott/Phoenix