Tilter comparisons

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:07:44 -0500

>...Any and all thoughts would be appreciated...
>Todd Mapes

I have had two of the fold-up One Person Type Tilters since the late
''70s'.  One for the shop, and one for the road.  I did have to make a
modification to each tilter by welding a 5/8" steel rod about 3" long on
the existing feet.  They were too short.

I also have two slats (27 1/2" long) I use from time to time for taking up
excess space on certain pianos when tilting.  I don't use a strap or clamp
to marry the piano to the tilter, though that probably is an excellent
safety precaution for anyone who feels uncomfortable without such a device.

The other model I had decided was too heavy and too long for my concept of
portability.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731