Tool Case

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:56:34 -0700

Gina,

Always interesting to look into another tech's tool case. It's time to
inventory and weed out my overweight tote as age (or is it "mileage"?)
is making itself felt on an increasing basis.

My ideal home service outfit is a kit of just the basics to carry in one
hand, and my "purse" (sm. bag with bus. planner, invoices, cell phone)
for the other hand. This is enough to get me started (if not finished)
with the tuning plus touch-up voicing and regulating. Then if cleaning
or repair is needed, I don't mind a trip to the car; walking is easier
than carrying a heavy load of mostly unneeded tools to every job.

Another kit I have for additional work is basically an empty tool box
into which I can put specific things from different kits. When I'm
through, I can still leave the house in one trip to the car.

The only fly in the ointment is my cleaning kit: vacuum, hose, brushes,
rags, polishes... in a huge toolbox, too bulky and heavy to carry in
cramped situations. I strap it onto a luggage carrier for the long hauls
(halls) in institutions.

Forever in search of the ideal kit,

Tom