Cooler

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:40:35 -0400

Terry wrote:

>  In my
>cooler, I keep all my liquids:
>
>4    2 oz. bottles of CA (2 thin - in case I run into bad pinblock - 1 med.,
>and 1 thick)
>1    2 oz. bottle of CA solvent (gotta have it!)
>1    2 oz. bottle of CA accelerator
etc.
I've done it, too, but putting the accelerator in such close
proximity to the glues is the reason the glue is hardening in the
bottle. The author of "The Glue Book" (last name's Tandy, I forget
his first name) mentioned that some manufacturers (a Mexican company
I believe) package glue & accelerator together in a shrink wrapped
package, and the sometimes the glue is cured hard before the customer
opens the bottle! The accelerator is quite volatile, and it doesn't
take much to start the glue curing.

Patrick