Pitch raising on older pianos

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:06:28 EDT

All good suggestions so far, thanks!  Yeah Phil, A440 was not set as a
standard untill the late 1920's and I think in some parts of Europe A338
might be what they use (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken).
This is a nice piano, I will try to talk the guy into some restoration for
it.  The other interesting thing is that although it says "Harvard Piano,
Cincinnati OH" on the fallboard, Bob Pierce tells me it was actually made
across the river in Dayton, KY.  So I already like a piano made in the
Bluegrass.

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY (just 20 miles from Dayton, KY)