Dampp Chaser or not, that is that question!

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:15:59 -0600

Hi Terry,

Is it a grand or an upright--if an upright the addition of a back cover can
improve results dramatically. If a grand a *bottom* cover of plastic will
help as well. It is just very difficult to make a bottom cover *look* good.

At 09:35 AM 02/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Ed:
>
>I agree about pitch. And yes, the piano's pitch has been observed to slide
>up and down as much as 10 cents. The RH in my house varies from about 75% to
>80% during rainy periods and goes as low as 35% during dry winter periods.
>So, I think a DC system that works would be desirable. I am going to try my
>third humidistat on my piano and see if it works any better than the two I
>have tried in the past. Thanks for your thoughts.
>
>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com