HTML

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:01:11 -0500

Jim Bryant said:

> Dave;
>  It is because the sender has HTML set on their e.maill program. The
> "problem' is on the senders end. And Yep. :-), aggravating isn't it? :-(

This blanket statement is mostly true - and I am also led to believe that
'sometimes' a sender's server will transpose or translate words into html without
the sender knowing it - the most common offenders are university servers.

Does anybody else here in the States notice this phenomenon more from our
'overseas' and 'canadian' friends than we do from our friends here in the States?

..and I also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone what a great job
Andy does for us in maintaining this list - it is a thankless job(similar to our
own!) and we are the beneficiaries of his continuing efforts to make this list as
seamless as it is.

Thanks Andy,

Rook