shipping a piano

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:21:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/00 12:05:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
dgarman@granbury.com writes:

<< I have a customer who wants to know if it would be worth shipping her
30-year old console from Texas to her daughter in Wyoming, or if she should
just "send her some money for a piano."  I'll be seeing the piano tomorrow
for the first time, so I can't speak to its condition.

 I need information on long distance piano movers and any other
information/advice you might offer your customers when considering such a
move.

 Doug Garman >>

Even with Keyboard Carriage, it will cost about $600 to send a console piano
to Wyoming from Texas. That's just to send the piano from dealer to dealer.
It also needs to be moved from your customer's house to the dealer, and from
the dealer in Wyoming to the daughter's house. Then it needs to be tuned. All
total, about $900. It needs to be a pretty good console piano to break even.

Willem