intervals

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:24:49 -0500

> When fifths and fourths invert, they revert to like intervals (i.e.
> perfect) but major seconds become minor sevenths, major thirds, minor
> sixths, and major sixths, minor thirds.

OK  I will buy that.  Perfect intervals invert to perfect intervals.  Fifths
and Fourths are perfect and since they invert to each other they are still
perfect, and still in the same scale. Both notes of a Major Second are in
the same scale but inverts to a 7th of some kind, the inverted note is not
in same scale.   I will let the Phd's on this list expound on that
one.  ---ric