Arlington driving directions

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Jul 2000 01:15:43 EDT

Where are you coming from?  I-95 South takes you to the Capital Beltway,
which is I-495. Head West (495).  I-270 also connects to the Beltway.  Head
West from I-95 or South from I-270.  Cross the American Legion Bridge
(Potomac River) into Virginia, and immediately get off at the George
Washington Parkway headed towards Washington, D.C.

When you get near the Pentagon, there will be indescribable mixing bowls.
The idea is to get on Route 1 South, or follow signs to Crystal City.  If
you see signs for I-395 West (Richmond), follow them.  Almost immediately
you will get off at Route 1 South, Jefferson Davis Highway.
Get off at 27th street.

Tomorrow morning at daybreak, I will go to Arlington and find the hotel when
there is no traffic.  For me, I just take I-395 and get off at Route 1
South.  I'll see what happens from the G.W. Parkway!

BTW, the only rest areas are about an hour from Crystal City.  If you are
coming South on I-270, the rest area is North of Frederick.  Coming from
I-95 North of town, the rest area is south of Route 32.

Carol Beigel