REVISED Arlington Driving Directions

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:07:10 EDT

Okay, I just got back from my test run to Crystal City.  The following
changes will be from I-95 South from Baltimore.

I-95 intersects with I-495, a circle, called the Capital Beltway.  The East
side of the circle is called I-95 and the West side of the circle is called
I-495. You can get to Crystal City by going either direction.  If you go
West, you take the George Washington Parkway to Crystal City, get off at 395
South for a small distance, then get off at Route 1 South.  The hotel is
left at 27th street.

>From the East, take 295, the Baltimore-Washington Parkway south, stay left
at the fork (the right side is Rt. 50) towards I-295.  WARNING:  there is no
ramp that connects I-295 South to I-395 West although it looks like it!  The
locals do the following.  From I-295 South, exit at Howard Ave., turn LEFT
to go under the highway, then left again to go up the ramp to 295 North, the
direction you just came from.  Immediately there is a ramp that says
Washington Navy Yard (not Marine Barracks)that takes you to I-395.  Follow
395 towards Richmond.  Get off at Route 1 South, Crystal City. Left at 27th
street.

The Metro station is 8/10 of a mile from the hotel!  The hotel shuttle will
come to pick you up if you call at 1-888-492-8812.  (1-888-HYATT1-2)The
shuttle runs from 6:00 am to 12:30 am (middle of the night!).
There are telephones to the right at the entrance to the Metro.  It looks
like there are also busses on that route, and probably taxis anytime other
than early on a Sunday morning!

The doorman told me that valet parking inside the hotel was $18 (?) per day.
  The $9 a day lot is a private parking company across the street in the
rear.

Happy trails!

Carol Beigel