METHOD

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 23:51:55 -0400

At 3:32 PM -0500 7/2/00, Avery Todd wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>
>    I guess, as sometimes happens, I didn't make myself completely clear. :-)
>
>>At 07:02:52 -0500, 7/1/00 Avery Todd <avery@ev1.net> wrote:
>> >Lower hammers give less aftertouch and higher gives more.
>> >You're not using a predetermined hammer blow distance this way
>> >because there are some pianos that it just won't work to set the blow
>> >distance to a predetermined measurement.

I agree. On some pinos the action ratio is so low (say below 5.5:1) that
I have to raise the dip to 1-5/8".

>I agree. I think the confusion is that I arrive at that "fixed"
>measurement a different way than you do. But once arrived
>at, it "does" stay constant.

D'accorde.

>Hope I've clarified what I was trying to say a little.
>Avery

I didn't doubt you at all.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
    ...........Steve Forbes, quoting his father, Malcom