parking at teh Hyatt

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:56:40 EDT

btrout@desupernet.net writes:

<< 1)  Can one just drive into and out of the Hyatt's parking facility at
will,
 or is it necessary to go through someone at the front desk who then contacts
 a 'garage attendant' to go get your car and bring it to you...? or can one
 just come and go?  (And is said attendant going to expect a TIP? <anybody
 know how much?>)

 2)  Is the parking garage open 24 hours, or is there a time of day or night
 that it's closed?  (In other words, can I get in or out when I want to,
 which may be at odd hours?)

As far as I know, the garage is open 24 hrs a day, and you can come and go as
you want. (I don't know what kind of odd hours you want to get up, but they
roll up  sidewalks here in DC at midnight, and they don't the roll them out
until 6 in the morning)

I would suggest you lock your car. I am sure the hotel staff is honest, and
it looks pretty save around here, but it's these out of guests the hotel is
expecting the next week that you have to be careful of. You know, the ones
wearing denim jeans and cowboy boots, driving pick up trucks and beat up old
cars, that have funny license plates,  like piano2nr, and A4404evr. :).

As far as you're social standing, and eating habits, I won't touch that with
an 11 foot pole. You take your chances when you come to one of these
conventions.

Willem