salary

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:22:20 -0400

Hi Clyde,

I did manage to fine a listing for us...

When looking through the job categories, it's under "Arts and Entertainment"
and when the next screen loads, we're under "keyboard instrument repair..."

But... are you really sure you want to know what it says?  I think you'll be
a little disappointed in it's figures.  According to them, the TOP half of
earners only make an average of $24,043.  Now, I think you know how accurate
that figure is...NOT!!  (At least not here, and this is supposed to be for
Lancaster, PA <the area both Clyde and I are from>).  I'd sure like to know
where these figures came from.  These might be the kinds of figures that you
might expect if you were working as an employee at a store, but certainly
not the kind of figures a self-employed piano tech would expect.  And if it
matters, I would guess that the local percentage would break down to about
20% employed by a store or another tech, and 80% self-employed.  There are a
few techs who are self-employed who still do work for an employer (as in
subcontracting), but I wouldn't call that very significant here.

Disappointing figures, but skewed almost to the point of uselessness.  (my
opinion)

See ya soon,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA