aluminum piano plate/ violin?

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 23:51:53 -0500

> << Alcola must've been pretty industrious. They also produced a piano that
>  used
>  > aluminum for the harp.
>  > 75-85 lbs. (spinet)
>  > Pat in Denver >>
>
> If you're asking what the plate would be worth, I guess that would depend on
> what the price of alumninumumnum is worth now. As a piano, they weren't worth
> much either. But I would venture to guess that given enough time, some shady
> antique dealer will get thousands for one of these instruments.  Willem

Hi there
	Around here the AlCOA company produces aluminum but I doubt they had
any more to do with any of this other than providing the material.
	There is an aluminum (I'm petty sure - it's metal) soundboard in a
harpsichord in Richmond. Very well built and it functions well - very
stable.
	Anything one-of-kind is a good bet for future antique value.
						Dan Jackson