Method

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:30:14 -0600

Hi Rogerio,
               This may help.  The coil determines the force, the geometry of
the spring determines the direction of the force,.

Now look down through the action and make sure that all the springs line up
like toy soldiers.  This will ensure that all spring forces are reacting in
the
same direction.
With butterfly springs, The friction in the spring slot is critical.  So
remove
a wippen and make sure the slot is clean, burnish with a pointed hammer
shank,
clean the tip of the spring.  With the spring out of the slot, check the
centre
pinning of the jack for friction.
Reassemble and re install. Check the condition of the knuckles, light  sand
with a strip of 3/8" strip of sand paper if needed.

Now try and regulate, and let us know the results

Regards Roger

PS. this was a major item of Gina's and my, Interactive grand regulation
class.
It will be covered in greater detail in the Sept Journal.

At 12:37 PM 07/07/00 -0300, you wrote:

> To the list
>
> I fell that all of the list are on the Annual Convention because there is no
> answer to my question but I would like to change something because spring it
> has tension and not force.
> The Reblitz's Piano Servicing, Tuning and Rebuilding has a method in
order to
> out all the springs with the same tension but I tried and isn't very good.
> So I wait for some answers with the best way to put all the springs with the
> same tension.
> Thanks
> Rogerio Cunha
> IC Member of the Guild