FW: Piano 300

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:10:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Lafargue [mailto:lafargue@iamerica.net]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 5:37 PM
To: 'pianotech@ptg.org'
Subject: RE: Piano 300

Yeah, there was a big Chickering ~ late 1800's?  I thought the exhibit was
OK.  Not great, but I guess to the average visitor, it was pretty cool.  I
thought the film was the best part.  I got lots of cool stuff in the
bookshop on pianos that I hadn't seen before (there was a companion book to
the exhibit).  I imagine a Smithsonian exhibit on space would be weak to an
astronaut.

I got more out of this convention than all others.  I enjoyed seeing the
listserve gang members and my family and I played tourist from Sat AM till
classes Thursday.  There was a folk life festival going on in the mall which
really added to the things to see and eat.  ??  There were people from every
corner of the globe.  Being Cajun, I fit right in.  Heard a 2000 voice choir
with 100 member National Symphony on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial at
dusk,  heard the symphony again with Ray Charles and others with fireworks
on the capital steps complete with War of 1812 w/cannons.  Wish you were
there.  Next year is Reno.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter