vacuming pianos.

Donald Lemoine donspiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:08:49 -0400

Dear list,   over the years, I have had request to repair keys that had
fallen lower then there
mates, as stated by the customers.  or keys will not respond to there
natural height.
In three instances, I had found that the technician in front of me used a
vacume system to
clean these pianos, without taking care,  as he was sucking the dirt from
under the keys
he was also at the same tim, sucking away the worn out bushings, front and
balance,  in one
incident that technician said he would respond back as he had to get parts,
but never did
show up.   another tried to sell the customer a job to relevel the key bed,
seeing what you are cleaning saves loads of problems,  creates better
relationships with customers.
Donspiano,  Nashua N.H.