Piano 300

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:59:12 EDT

I thought the exhibit was very good. Like others,.I wish the PTG could have
been mentioned more, but I guess even being in the exhibit was a plus for all
of us. Like Carol said, it's better than nothing at all. We were the only
piano technicians group mentioned. That says something for us.

When I arrived on the Sunday before the convention, a lady was trying to
regulate the giant action model at the entrance to the exhibit hall. The
hammer was hitting the wire too hard, causing it to break. With Randy
Potter's help, as well as several other technicians, I told the lady what
screws to turn, to reduce the power of the hammer. The main problem was that
the rep spring wasn't tight enough. Unfortunately, the wire used in this
model wasn't easy to bend. I don't know if they ever got to work right.

My biggest disappointment was that the Piano 300 posters that were next to
the cash register in the gift shop were not for sale.

Willem Blees