Request for Info on a Viennese Piano

Millicent Cho millicent_cho@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:35:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear list,

As a new subscriber I have a question or two about my
piano.  It is a Viennese Grand 5'11'', made by a
student of Bosendorfer.  The fall board inlay says
"Franz Peine Schuler o. Bosendorfer" and the sound
board decal reads the same with subnote of "Wilhelm
Toberer & Nachfolger".  Serial number below the decal
is OP. 2253.

Piano is 85 note, A0 to A7 with 3 pedals - unacorda,
mute and sustain.  Plate casting is one piece with a
separate caste capo bar which spans the entire plate.

Does anybody have information on European pianos that
they can give me a date of manufacture from this
serial number as well as a history?

Any guesses as to relative value?

Anybody out there that specializes in this sort of
instrument?

Are there any other Forums that I can inquire?

Thank you,
Millicent