Part Needed for Stwy O

Wasson Kerrick wkerrick@mindspring.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:51:23 -0500

Dear List,

The piano is a Steinway, model O, from 1920.  Piano has a new soundboard and
is ready to be strung.  However, the lowest of the 3 rear string rests
(lightning bolt shaped pieces on plate between the treble bridge and the
hitchpins) is long gone, I presume discarded years ago by the person who
restrung the piano using oversize pins.  I could order and use a replacement
from Steinway, but the one for the current model L does not align properly
with the strings and hitch pins for the last few notes towards the bass end.
I would prefer the original, or one like it.

My question is:  Do any of you, unlikely as it might seem, happen to have
one of these string rests on hand and in usable condition that you would be
willing to sell?  Or do you know where I might be able to acquire one?

Thanks in advance!

Wasson Kerrick, RPT
Owensboro, KY