Wurlitzer Butterfly

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:10:58 EDT

Hello Gordon!

      When I had the thought of having a PTG display
 of rare Pianos at our convention I had no idea that it
would be so well received. I contacted PTG Foundation
President Nolan Zeringue and Dale Probst PTG Institute
Director they were both very receptive to the idea.
       The small pianos were mine and I enjoyed
others finding them so interesting.
        The " Butterfly"  that was on exhibit was a
            "Student Butterfly"
             Weight      88lbs
             Length      2ft. 5in.
             Width       2ft. 6in.
             Keys        44
  There is a regular size Butterfly.  This one is 4ft. 10in
long.  I think it is a  "Farney" Scale.
   When asked if people could touch and play these
pianos I responded yes, that they could not break anything
that could not be fixed. BTW not a thing was broken.
     In moving this type of piano I have found it best to
cross strap it to the grand board.

     Hope this helps
      Jack Wyatt