Need help on piano in Phoenix.

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:00:37 -0500

Have you tried running a fan across as you work?

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of BSimon999@AOL.COM
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 3:00 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Need help on piano in Phoenix.

I recently saw a 1927 grand that was too loose to tune, but would be a ideal
candidate for a superglue pinblock treatment. I did 6 or 7 superglue
treatments to blocks, all but one worked very well,  and my experience tells
me that it should work on this piano extremely well. It was previously
pinblock treated with traditional method decades ago, pins are only  tapped
half way in, solid block, no pin bushings, marginal torque of  10 to 20+
in./lbs., --NOT negative torque, a  "dry" feel to the pins, not a greasy or
gummy feel.  Rebuilding is out of the question. ($)

I am so allergic to the superglue ( cyanoacrylates) now that I have had
severe breathing problems for days after exposure.  I cannot even consider
doing this job, and would like to recommend someone else to the customer.

If you work in Phoenix ( the piano is in Cave Creek) and would consider
doing
this "acrylic" pinblock treatment, e-mail me or telephone me and let me
know.

Bill Simon
623-581-1748