PTG Technical Bulletin #2 (Regulation) Question.

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:47:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/00 9:55:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
Douglasmahard@AOL.COM writes:

<< The PTG regulation tech bulletin states that "every note in a grand piano
has
 more than 35 points of adjustment."  For the life of me I can not come up
 with 35 "points of adjustment".  Here is my list. I'm bearing in mind "every
 key" so damper regulation "points" I'm really not counting. >>

Doug, it says every KEY, not every note. So you have to include the dampers.

1. damper lifting at the right time
2. damper upstop adjusted correctly
3. damper head square on the string
4. damper head square to the string
5. sostonuto bar at right angle at rest
6. sostonuto bar at right angle activated.
7. pedal rod lifting tray at the correct time
8. pedal movement going down correctly
9. dampers going up at the same time as the neighboring damper
10. damper wire going straight through  the bushing
11. Damper wire going through the bushing without friction.

Add to that some of the key bushing adjustments that need to be made, and
we're over the limit.

Willem