PTG Technical Bulletin #2 (Regulation) Question.

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:02:42 -0600

>1. damper lifting at the right time

1b.  Under lever travel, left to right. Paper flange.

>2. damper upstop adjusted correctly
>3. damper head square on the string

3b.  damper tilt front to rear.  Damper wire is vertically square to damper
head.
3c   No damper movement L to R coming out of the strings. Top bend at the
head,
3d.  Freedom of damper wire in the under lever,  Remove damper and ensure
the bends are parallel to head.
3e.  Freedom of damper wire thro' guide.

>4. damper head square to the string
>5. sostonuto bar at right angle at rest
>6. sostonuto bar at right angle activated.

6a,  Sostenudo tabs in a perfect line, Paper the tabs.

>7. pedal rod lifting tray at the correct time
>8. pedal movement going down correctly
>9. dampers going up at the same time as the neighboring damper
>10. damper wire going straight through  the bushing
>11. Damper wire going through the bushing without friction.

Pedal limit adjusted, to prevent under levers from forcing the up stop rail.

With the various type of under lever systems, we probably could come up
with 30 plus adjustments, just with dampers, under levers and trap work.
The articals will follow interactive regulation, after a couple of months
break. 3 chapters in draft form.
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213