upgrading to RPT

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 21:55:19 -0800

Doug,
Boy do I wish That we had the same enthusiasm here!
Three chapter meetings in the last three years and all called by the =
regional VP trying to get us going.
As an associate I really do not feel that it is my place to push too =
many peoples buttons to get things going. So I make the national =
conference my yearly meeting. The last two years my time was spent in =
the exibit hall selling tools and it was a very welcome treat to be able =
to take a full load of classes this year.
Your regional conference, this year, was a great one to attend as they =
closed down the exibit hall and we could attend class.
Joe Goss
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Doug Garman=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 9:27 AM
  Subject: upgrading to RPT

  Back in the Spring several Ft. Worth Chapter RPT's put master tunings =
on three of their own grands and held an =
all-day-Saturday-marathon-mock-tuning exam for the "associates" in the =
chapter.  They are really pushing us to upgrade.
  =20
  Nine associates participated  The experience was very enlightening for =
all involved.  After the scores were computed each participant was =
offered a personal critique by the RPT who administered the test.  Now, =
I know what to expect, and, having passed the test with a very good =
score, I am anxious to take the exam "for real".

  Special thanks to chapter president David Reed, RPT, of Luke Wickman =
Piano Co. in Ft. Worth, Robin Hufford, RPT, and Anna Scott, RPT, for the =
many hours it took to prepare the pianos and administer the tests.

  Congratulations to Ft. Worth chapter member Debra Schiller, newest =
chapter RPT, upon passing her tuning exam at Arlington, thus completing =
her RPT tests.  Thanks to Jack Wyatt, Dale Probst, and all who helped =
her make it happen.
  =20
  There are several more of us waiting in the wings.  Look for us in an =
upcoming ussue of the Journal!

  Doug Garman, Associate Member
  Ft. Worth Chapter
  Granbury, TX