Appraisal

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:44:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/00 3:33:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
PSFInc@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Dear List,

 I came across a Mathushek square grand 1870. It had been completely restored
 from complete action and Belly work to refinishing the case. The restoration
 was excellently done and the walnut case was ornate and inspiring. What was
 interesting was when I pulled out the action, every technician that had
 worked on it had signed the keybed starting from 1880. One entry read,"
 $10.00 received for one year storage - July 10,1891 - Vincensio Lucasi." The
 piano had other Italian references from when it was in Italy.

 Now the customer wants an appraisal as to the value. She realizes that most
 Squares are more decorative than functional but she needs it for insurance
 purposes. I could use some input from the list.

 Thanks,

 Ed Mashburn, RPT >>

This sounds like a lovely instrument. I would appraise it for what she paid
for it, plus anything else she had done to it, plus cost of living
adjustments.

Willem