Front Weight Problem

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:56:08 -0600

I get the feeling that this was
>an attempt on the part of the manufacturer to simply deal with all key
>weighting problems from the point of view of useing really strong whippen
>assist springs..

Hi Richard,
                  As I mentioned before,  they hide a multitude of sins
behind those springs. The main problem is that as time goes by, the springs
get weaker, and the piper has to be paid.
 The springs should only adjust up to about 5 gms.
You could make some new springs out of #20 swg piano wire, more is better
is it not?  My turn to grin.
You name a problem that you can find on an action, I think that I have
encountered it on these.
Some times you get real lucky and can just move the wippen rail a little,
and effect a big improvement. If the action works with only 3/8" dip be
suspicious of rail/capstan placement.
Dip should be 10mm.

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.