pitch raise

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:15:55 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/00 4:11:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
lesbart1@juno.com writes:

<< I would be curious, those who say they can do a pitch raise in one
 sitting, of, say 50%+, do you expect strings to slip not-at-all, or do
 you hand the customer a technical bulletin and say, "I'll guarantee this
 tuning till I get off this bench", then immediately stand up? In a week,
 how much might you "expect" the stability to slip?  I figure these are
 largely impossible questions to accurately answer, but I'm still looking
 for generalities.

I tell my customers the piano will "drift" out of tune over the next couple
of months, and that I want to see the "patient" again in 6 months. As I
reported earlier, of all the pitch raises I do, only about 20% of them to
call me in 6 months, and that is after I send them a reminder card.

Willem