Front Weight Problem

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:17:59 -0400

Adding weight is indeed "the trick", but you keep referring
to 20 grams.  That is a small amount but a good reference
point.  What you will need to add is what the key requires.
Since you have the full chart you can look up what the key
weight should be based upon the desired BW.

I have not had the time to do any analysis of the numbers
you sent yesterday but I should over the weekend.  The
hammer weight numbers look all wrong to me but I will know
better after plotting them on a graph.  From those numbers I
can use a quadratic equation to determine what the weight
could be for that set.  This then will determine what the BW
should be for each key to get the balance weight you wish to
have.  This is not rocket science, just seems that way.

I am not one that can visualize a graph by looking at a
column of numbers.  I have to look at the graph to know what
is happening but I need to use three separate computer
programs to come to conclusions.

Have more fun.

		Newton