Who's Andy & pianotech list lunch

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:03:37 -0500

Bill,

Thank you very much for you post. I apologize again to all of you for not
doing a better job on the listserve luncheon. I take full responsibilty for
it not being better organized. I will do my best to make sure whatever is
planned for Reno is set up more efficiently.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for being in Arlington.

Best,

Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Institute Director, TEAM2000
PTG Annual Convention
Arlington, VA--July 5-9,2000
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2000 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Bdshull@AOL.COM
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 2:06 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Who's Andy & pianotech list lunch

Meeting all you folks at the luncheon was great!  A first-timer myself at
the
list luncheon, I had read the post before the convention about it being in
the exhibit hall, and the time etc.  So I found it, after a bit of
searching.
 But I had brought a printed pianotech list post from Dale just to make sure
- and might have missed it otherwise.   I missed the message John Ross saw
or
heard at the convention.  (Dale apologized on the list for not getting the
logistics together as we all had hoped, and credited Gina for not letting
the
pressure off).

On the one hand, the luncheon reflects the informality of the list.  On the
other, it would be nice to nail down the logistics early, and get the word
out (even signs on the day of the event, maybe).  This list may be too
informal for us to do this, but this year's experience might spur us on to
do
better next time.

Joe, I really liked having the luncheon where we could hear each other -
maybe the A440 band is a bit much for anything but yelling (although we do a
bit of that on the list).   Maybe sometime around February or March we could
come to a "consensus" on a fearless leader, someone with the time to get the
word out, and the chutzpah to work with the Insitute personnel (Gina had
that
this year).  From my point of view the Institute was such a success that it
seems unfair to come down hard on Dale for this, of course;  I think we need
to get a pianotech list luncheon coordinator appointed next year to take
care
of the logistics and get the word out.

Don't know how I missed meeting you the entire convention, Rob!

Bill Shull, RPT
University of Redlands, La Sierra University, Riverside City College

In a message dated 7/21/00 9:45:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,