Who's Andy & pianotech list lunch

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:59:10 -0400

>The information on this was grossly bad.  In the convention schedule book it >only said, "we will meet in the exhibit hall", but there was no specifics of any >kind.  We walked around in circles and asked people, (including the PTG >booth), and no one knew a thing. We were very disappointed.

>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Las Vegas, NV

Rob,

I must jump in here on behalf of the defense. A listserve luncheon would be no different than a piano teacher's luncheon or any other extraordinary event taking place at the convention location. Gatherings such as these are usually add-ons, not oversights. They are arranged only where space and time is available and at the mercy of the organizers. Although every effort is taken to announce events or changes through signage, public address, etc., these announcements are bound to be missed by some. If we wre using "temps" at the PTG booth, it is possible that they were not informed.

In all honesty Rob, would you have been happy spending an hour behind "Webb Phillips'" booth?

>From where I sit (and having been there before), Dale and team did an extraordinary job this year. If the lack of a listserve luncheon announcement was their only oversight, they just broke the record for the least number of errors at an annual convention.

Look for perfection in Reno.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario