Who's Andy & pianotech list lunch

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:03:41 -0700

"John Lillico, RPT" wrote:

> Rob,
>
> A listserve luncheon would be no different than a piano teacher's luncheon or any other extraordinary event taking place at the convention location. Gatherings such as these are usually add-ons, not oversights.

I think a little more highly of this list and it's people than just "an add on".

> In all honesty Rob, would you have been happy spending an hour behind "Webb Phillips'" booth?

Actually yes I might have volunteered in some capacity if asked.  Why not make an official event out of it?  We're officially technicians aren't we?  This is the PTG pianotech list isn't it?  It is the PTG convention isn't it?

Overall I'd have to rate this as the best convention I have ever attended, and I have been to quite a few now.  No doubt it was a job well done by all.  But this list has been around for a long time now.  I personally have been a regular for about three years now.  Seems to me that we deserve an official event of some sort.  Hey, maybe even an official "baloney" award at the banquet!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV