Non-words

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:52:27 -0500

I must get this said before I die.

Vocabulary is very important in this world, not just to me, to everyone.  We
all tend to take more seriously someone who says (for example) "haven't got
any" than we do someone who says "ain't got no".

The use of non-words like "thingee" in an otherwise technical discussion
totally destroys the credibility of anything else the writer has to say.
Spelling and grammar mistakes are far more acceptable than attempts to
describe a complex part of a complex machine as a "thingee".

Dave