Dealer/Piano Owner Relationship

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:06:35 -0600

> Finally....this is not the hill you should choose to die on, there will be
>much better opportunities down the road! :-)
>My View.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Sound advice as usual Jim.
Whilst shipping un prepped pianos to customers is not the way we do business.
The technician in this case will probably not have all the facts.
Customers for this type of lower price point piano tend to shop for bottom
line price.   The dealer probably shipped the piano straight from his
warehouse, and got a local PTG tech to just do an in home tuning.
That could be what the consumer negotiated for, and that is all they got.
I dealer has to make a decent profit margin to give good service.
Who's to blame, the short sighted customer, or the cut price

For our organisation a relationship starts at the point of sale, even when
we ship pianos to Florida.

Regards Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.