Non-words

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 20:52:49 -0500

> The use of non-words like "thingee" in an otherwise technical
> discussion
> totally destroys the credibility of anything else the writer has to
> say.

Well, I often want to deal with "thingee's", and some of the people,
whose experience, knowledge, and good will have given them an immense
amount of credibility, also deal with "thingee's".  Having no direct way
to judge others on the list, lacking visual and aural cues, one must
gain, through choices of words, or non-words, insight into the character
of others.   Be careful, I suggest, when dismissing those for whom
"thingees" is fondly held.
les bartlett
student of various thingees.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!