Dealer/Piano Owner Relationship

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:37:43 EDT

Joseph,

I couldn't agree with you more.  But we were not talking about a Yamaha in
the original post.  We would expect that from Yamaha.  I also have worked
with Yamaha for years.  I have had Yamaha cover things years after warranty
was up even pay for tuning and regulating after some repairs to make a
customer happy.  Yamaha is the exception not the rule.

Ed Tomlinson
<<
 ED & Terry,
 I just wanted to say that last year I found a new Yamaha U3 to be acting
 a little strangely. The repetition was not very good, touch felt quite
 uneven and measurements of typical specs showed factory inequities. I
 contacted Yamaha and they approved a regulation on the spot. Absolutely
 no hassles. I don't know if this was unusual behavior or not by Yamaha,
 as most of the product I service for them, and I do a lot, is usually
 quite good in terms of regulation. So as far as I was concerned it was
 an anomaly. Yamaha took care of it promptly, and  as a result the
 customer was quite impressed with the way the situation was handled. In
 fact the customer, a teacher, referred at least two other people to go
 and see the dealer for pianos. What more could anyone want in terms of
 customer relations? Yamaha more than got their money out of the
 regulation expense in good will generated.

 Joseph Alkana  RPT

Ed Tomlinson
Cascade Piano
Piano Sales/Piano Technician