Accuracy

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:38:15 -0400

Friends,

This morning I am appealing for greater accuracy in the spelling of
words in subject lines.  If the first person writes "Peral River," that
spelling error remains at the top of every post following (unless
corrected), and I presume anyone searching the archives for "Pearl
River" will never come up with any of the posts with the misspelling.
The same would go for the subject "associate," currently under the
spelling "assiciate."

I recognize that some of us just aren't great spellers, but I also
wonder if some of the problem is sloppiness.  In case you didn't know,
you can edit the spelling in any email you write a response to,
including the subject line.  I would encourage us all to do that.

To those on the list who know they are poor in spelling or grammar,
please don't let this blip discourage you from contributing.  Some of
you have vast amounts of knowledge and experience we wouldn't want to do
without.  Some of the rest of us don't know much more than how to
spell!  <G>  (Well, I hope that's an overstatement.)

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA